Friday was very wet day with "Mario" unleashing heavy rain for almost 24 hours causing evacuation of residents on low laying and flood prone areas. Even majority of my office staff were unable to report to office on a Friday. However, nothing much can be done as all government offices and even banks were closed for the day. As for my bike schedule for the next day, even before noon Ruth A Rod already cancelled the Grotto Run which was could had been a nice route. "Mario" was a downer, there goes my usual Saturday Bike Run.
Edsa on Friday 19Sep14 7:50am
With rain just about stopping but still with roads all wet and on certain area covered with water, it was not an ideal condition for a bike run. With ample of time at hand, I need to improvise on how to have a worthwhile morning.
Took the family for a breakfast at "Cafe Juanita" at Capitolyo Pasig;
Breakfast at Cafe Juanita - 20Sep14 8am
Sad to say, the main purpose of buying 'ayungin" was a failure as none can be found anywhere at the market. Just decided to buy as much fruits as possible. Then all of of sudden, I decided to make a good deed for the wifey and bought her "atis" her favourite fruit and a dozen of pink roses also her favourite. As they always say "good deeds bear fruits" and are like chips that you can call for favour in the future.
Good Deed for the Wifey
The following bike route was mapped;
Planned/Mapped Route for Sunday Bike Run
21Sep14 - Sunday Bike Run 32km
Sunday Bike Run - 32.16Km
At 4:59 or just a minute before 5am, took off taking the intended mapped route. As it was still dark, I had to limit my speed as it was difficult to see the pot holes even with my shimano dynamo lights. When I reached "Tiendesitas" the Circle Monument was very prominent against the dawning sky that I decide to stop and took pictures. This picture was something I liked;
Daybreak at Tiendesitas
"Black Beauty" at Daybreak
At about 6:58am or thereabouts I arrived Paragon Plaza having done 32.16Km in 01h56m27s with a 707kCal burned.
Plenty of time to prepare for a Sunday Mass. Good bye "Mario"




No comments:
Post a Comment